Chandra Grahan date is March 23 and September 16-17 for this year. Grahan occurs when the earth comes in between the Sun and the Moon. This event is known as Chandra Grahan (Lunar Eclipse).
There is an instigation of harmful rays during this time, causing negativity in the environment and it is advised to take some precautions during this time. It is believed that powers of Rahu and Ketu amplified dramatically during the grahan. So, to get better results of your worshipping, it is advised to worship your special Lord during this time. Many temples remain closed during this time and people are advised to take a spiritual bath after kaal to wash away the sins from his/her body.
You can choose mantra and puja as per your choice of Lord and it is not imposed to pray to only one God. You can even fast during this day to increase its efficacy. You can chant Durga mantra if you are Durga Bhakt. You can also chant “Om namo bhagwate vasudevaay” if you are a devotee of Hari.
Perform puja on this day if
- You want name and fame in life.
- You want to impress any specific God.
- You want to get rid of financial problems.
- You want to get success in your business.
- You are facing any health problems.
- You are going through relationship crisis.
Things you should do during this time
- Consume only the food which is cooked after Grahan.
- Perform havan, Japa or any puja only after the kaal.
- Observe fast on this day to protect yourself from the negative effects of Rahu and Ketu.
- Perform ritual bath after Grahan.
- Perform Sanatana Gopala Mantra if you are pregnant for normal and safe delivery.
- Stay at home during Grahan.
- Perform puja if you have Chandra Grahan yoga.
Sanatan Gopala Mantra
“Om Devaki Sudha Govinda
Vasudeva Jagath Pathe
Deva Deva Jagannatha
Gothra Vridhi Karap Prabho
Dehimey Thanayam Sheegram
What should you not do during Chandra Grahan or Lunar Eclipse?
- It would be better if you do not travel during this grahan kaal.
- Make sure you do not start any new thing on this day whether it’s related to new business or study.
- Don’t use knives and do not sleep at this time.
- Don’t eat outside food.
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything during grahan.
- Do not come out during this kaal if you are pregnant.
- Don’t keep your windows and door open during grahan kaal.
Some precautionary measures for pregnant women
- Chant Sanatan Gopala Dharma.
- Don’t cut vegetables or use knives.
- Done sleep during this kaal.
- Don’t wear tight attires. Instead, wear loose clothes.
- Stay inside and don’t go outside.
- Don’t view the Grahan as it will be bad for your child health.
Time of Grahan- 22:23 – 00:24 – 26:26
Areas where Grahan will be visible- Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, West in South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Arctic, Antarctica, India.
If you want to know how to perform puja during Chandra Grahan in detail or facing some issues while performing puja, then you can get in touch with our Astrologers/Pandits by calling at 9555966666.