With Ganesh Chaturthi almost here, let us become a bit more conscious about the environment and go eco friendly. Read this blog to know more.
One of the most revered festivals in India is Ganesh Chaturthi. Everyone keeps waiting for Ganesh Chaturthi throughout the year. Devotees get beautiful idols of Lord Ganesha on this day and worship him. A priest usually does the puja. You can easily find not pandits for Ganesh Puja in Delhi. They will help you do all the rituals without any mistakes. But, these Ganesh idols are generally made up of items that are very harmful to the environment like plaster of Paris. When the festivities get over and we submerge the idol into the water, it harms the aquatic environment to a great extent. This is also one of the major reasons for water pollution. It is high time, we become a little bit more careful about the environment. This year, let us pledge to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi in an eco-friendly way.
The first and foremost step in this process is finding an eco-friendly idol. Don’t worry, eco-friendly idols are as beautiful as the normal ones. Seeing your concern and care for the environment, Bappa will be happier than usual and shower you with his blessings. You can even find a lot of different and unique idols when it comes to the environmentally friendly range. From sugar cane idols to grass idols- you get a lot of options. You can go all out and be creative during this festival. Get pooja items from the puja store online.
1. How to Celebrate An Eco-Friendly Ganesh Chaturthi?
We all love decorating Ganpati Bappa with joy and enthusiasm. However, the after-effects of celebrations and Visarjan affects the environment in a critical way. Since the normal idols consist of things like plastics and chemicals, it ruins the entire balance of aquatic life. Not only idols but the pandal decorations are also very massive non-biodegradable waste. The materials are toxic to the environment. You can also get god photo frames instead of idols. Here are some ways which can help you celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi in an environmentally friendly way.
- Replace your normal idols with eco-friendly idols. Do not use anything that consists of pop, chemical, thermocol, pop, etc. Go for materials that are biodegradable and natural. Buy puja items online.
- During the celebrations, we use a lot of energy as the lights and fans remain on. Do whatever you can to save energy and replace the normal lights with energy-saving ones. Do pooja samagri online shopping.
- Any celebration in India is incomplete without colors or Rangoli. So, instead of using artificial colors, use natural sources like Mehendi, turmeric, rice water, coffee powder, etc. These will not compromise the environment and will look equally beautiful.
- We understand that plastic bags, etc are necessary but does it justify the harm that causes the environment? No! Hence, ban plastic completely and use natural replacements like cloth bags, etc. Get online puja samagri from puja items online store.
These are some tips and tricks that will help you celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi in an eco-friendly manner. If you want to get divine gifts for Ganesh Chaturthi, then check out the range of products in Pujashoppe. Visit their website for more information.