Sikhs all across the nation indulge in spiritual pursuits in praying to Guru Nanak Dev with divine gift items on his birth anniversary. Here is what you need to know.
Be it the daily ritual of worshipping the Almighty at home or there be any special puja. It is important to serve the Lord with premium quality puja samagris bought from a reputed puja items store near you.
Guru Nayak Jayanti is the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak. The founder of Sikhism and the first among the ten Sikh Gurus. The followers of Guru Nanak Dev celebrate this day with much excitement and pomp. His birthday falls on Kartik Puranmashi. The full moon day of the Kartik month is usually in November according to the western calendar. Indians enjoy a national holiday on this day.
1. About Guru Nanak Dev:-
Guru Nanak was born on April 15th, 1469 at Rai-Bhoi-di Talwandi which at present is in Pakistan. Both Hindu and Islam preachings and ideologies influenced him. From a young age, he was an original spiritual thinker and expressed all his thoughts in the form of poetry which later became the basis of Sikh scripture. He was the one who believed that God is omnipotent and there is no fixed place where he resides. He showed his love and respect to every creature of the universe and also, led a life of humility keeping aside pride and ego.
2. How is Guru Nanak Jayati Celebrated?
- Guru Nanak after attaining enlightenment spread the message of peace, brotherhood, love, friendship, and harmony. He advised everyone to chant devotional mantras and sing hymns every day as this will ensure peace of mind.
- The Golden Temple in Amritsar, the holiest shrine of the Sikhs decks up in lights and embellishments. All the devotees visit the temple and engage in Shabad Kirtan and Gurbani songs which are devotional in nature. They set up langars or community kitchens in the Gurudwaras and also, everyone exchanges greetings on this auspicious day.
- Early morning everyone gets ready to attend Prabhat Pheri which is a procession where the followers repeat, songs, preachings of the Guru. Also, they read the religious book- Guru Granth Sahib from beginning to end. They organize a special prayer known as Rehrasi at sunset.
- This year however you might observe a low-key affair as the coronavirus is still claiming lives. There might be restrictions on gatherings or being a part of any procession. However, the main idea is to devote yourself to humanitarian aid and let everyone understand that there is no peace in communal hatred or distinctions. Everyone is God’s child and hence should live in harmony.
Show respect to the Almighty by religiously following all the sacred rituals with pooja samagri online shopping from PujaShoppe. Also, the best puja saman store near you.