The outbreak of this Corona Virus has made people’s lives a living hell. Let us have a look at how it is going to affect the festivals. Read to know more.
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has caused chaos across the entire world. It is taking over India now as the victims are now increasing gradually. The government imposed a lockdown on the entire country and that is why the economy is at the verge of a breakdown. Social distancing is the only precaution right now. But, India is a diverse land of cultures. With so many festivals lined up, it is hard for people to maintain social distancing. The government needs to be extra careful this time. People are so excited to get puja kits online.
Prime Minister Modi Ji has said that the next few weeks are extremely crucial for India. Therefore, they will impose strict rules. But, how will it affect the festivals? Let us find out.
The Effect of COVID-19 on the Festivals:–
- The first thing is that the festivals will be significantly cold and dry because the economy is going down severely. Therefore, in festivals like Navratri, you won’t see people shopping for new clothes or jewellery as much as they used to. People will focus more on rituals and less on luxuries. They will merely shop for pooja items that are necessary for the rituals.
- Secondly, there is no guarantee when this pandemic will end and therefore people will likely to avoid social gatherings and crowds on the street. The security will be high and there’s a chance that they will screen people to see if anyone is sick or not.
- Children and senior citizens are to be more careful and protected.
- One of the primary advantages of fewer crowds and social gathering is the pollution level is way down. Due to less pollution and fewer vehicles on the streets, the roads are clean and lakes are clear.
- The tradition of inviting people over and families getting together might no longer prevail and we don’t know how long this lockdown will last.
The real question is will the contagion get over by then? Well, according to the current situation and updates from WHO there is no early cure for it. Yes, while some people did lose their lives many are recovering and this cycle will continue. However, the earliest when the vaccine will be found is mid-2021 and not before that. That will take a while to circulate. But, other than this you could always pray. Prayers will keep you strong and God is the only one who can do a miracle. Therefore, continue worshipping with online puja samagri.
Check out the website of PujaShoppe for more information. Also, please stay at home and maintain personal hygiene. Remember, the whole world is fighting against this and the only way to win is by staying at home. We are all in this together.