Lakshmi Puja is considered one of the most important and auspicious parts of Diwali festival. Devotees welcome Maa Lakshmi to their homes. The puja is done before the instigation of any festivity and devotees pray for good health, wealth and happiness of their loved ones. Goddess Lakshmi is the Goddess of wealth and it is really important that her puja is done with a complete vidhi. The happier the Goddess will be, the more she will grant her blessings on you. PujaShoppe brings you few important things to remember while creating puja place for Lakshmi puja and complete puja vidhi along with mantra and aarti.
Things to remember while preparing Puja place for Lakshmi Puja
- Your house should be cleaned including each and every corner.
- Take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Place all Diwali items, where you are planning to perform puja.
- Be sure to face East direction while offering Diwali puja.
- Place a low stool with square or rectangular tops (chouki or patta) and cover it with a red cloth.
- Keep a handful of grains in the center of chouki.
- Prepare a Kalash with 3/4th of water and some rice grains and supari. Put five mango leaves in the Kalash and arrange them in a circular design on the neck of the Kalash.
- Keep a small thali on Kalash and make a small flat mountain of rice grains.
- Place picture or deity of Goddess Lakshmi on the top of chouki and on the left side of Kalash.
- Place a Ganesha idol on the right side of the Kalash.
- Light diya on both sides of chouki.
- Light incense sticks on the right side of chouki.
- Keep one Kalash to your left, filled with water.
- Place banana and Prasad on one side.
- Prepare a plate with betel leaves, coins, turmeric powder, Chandan, and kumkum.
- Prepare an Akshata by mixing one cup of rice and turmeric powder. Mix it really well and sprinkle few water drops. Put this Akshata in a bowl and place it on the same plate.
- Keep Lakshmi Coins, Lakshmi idols and Ganesha idol in front of the Maa Lakshmi.
- Female members should sit on the right side of the male members during puja.
Prepare your puja place as mentioned above and start your puja vidhi-
- Light a diya to start a puja and this diya should lit overnight.
- Start the puja by applying tilak to both Kalash.
- Start by offering your prayers to Lord Ganesha and request him to remove all obstacles from your life.
- Apply prepared Akshata on the forehead of Lord Ganesha and offer flowers, dhoop and sweets (naivedya) to Lord Ganesha.
- Recite Ganesha aarti.
- Now, start with Lakshmi puja and put tilak of roli and rice on the forehead of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Offer flowers, dhoop, sweets and Deepak to Goddess. After that, offer seeds of lotus flower, supari, currency notes, silver coin, dry turmeric, cotton seeds and coriander seeds.
- Recite Lakshmi aarti.