Rath Yatra is around the corner and that is why in this blog we will discuss the importance and rituals of this festival. Read to know more.
India is a country that influences people all across the world with her traditions and cultures. One amazing thing about these traditions is that they have been around since ancient times. People have been following them for generations. Devotees believe that these are legacies that our ancestors set. There are so many celebrations that take place every month that you will lose count of everything. There are also specific days assigned to each God. With so many religions and cultures in this country, it is a bright and colorful time throughout the year. But, this year we all know the scenario is a little different. Everyone is not exactly having a gala time. However, let us not forget our cultures and roots. Amidst all the darkness, there is a festival which is right around the corner. Yes, Rath Yatra is almost here and we will discuss the rituals of the festival in this blog. People celebrate it with puja kits online.
Rath Yatra is the annual festival of Odisha. It is a city of popular, religious places and “Puri “, perhaps, is the most important city amongst them. Puri is also one of the four places in “Char Dhams,” of India. It is also the abode of Lord Jagannath who is another manifestation of Lord Vishnu. They celebrate many festivals in this complex but Rath Yatra is the grandest one. Every year this falls on the Ashadha Shukla Paksha Dwitiya. This year, it falls on 23rd June. But unlike every year, this year there would not be a huge crowd or celebration. Another amazing fact is that people internationally also celebrate it with the same joyfulness.
The Rituals of Rath Yatra:-
The celebrations of this festival begin from “Jyesthapurnima“. The deities- Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra are carefully swang from their respective abodes and kept on the bathing place. The rituals are:
- They bathe the deities with water from 108 vessels from the well built inside the premises of the temple.
- Several cultural ceremonies follow the bathing rituals.
- Then, they put on ordinary dresses without too many accessories. This is the Sada Besha.
- During the afternoon, the volunteers decorate the idols like Ganesh Ji and this is the Hathi Besha.
- The devotees get to do the darshan in the evening and get a glimpse of the deities.
- Then the Ansara period begins, and they place the deities in the Ansar house. During this time, no one is allowed to see Jagannath.
- After this is the Nibhrita period, where Lord Jagannath isolates himself from the whole world including his wife for fifteen days straight.
A lot of rituals follow after this but you need to witness the festival yourself to experience the whole package. If you want puja samagri online from puja store online then do puja samagri online shopping from the website of PujaShoppe.