Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most popular festivals of India. When you offer your prayers to Ganesh ji correctly, he will bring in all the good things in your life, making it blissful.
Ganapati is an extremely popular deity in Hinduism. People eagerly wait for Ganesh Chaturthi, to welcome Lord Ganesha into their homes. On this day, we prepare a scrumptious feast for Lord Ganesha and play host, all the while trying to make his stay in our houses incredibly memorable. As the festival approaches, the whole atmosphere becomes charged and then the preparations start full-fledged well in advance.
If you have decided to perform the pooja this year, then the most important thing is to follow all the traditional rituals accordingly and methodically. You must not miss out any steps or miss any ingredients. During this joyous festival, people also exchange gifts and sweets.
You can easily go online for ganesh pooja items. However, you can also gift Ganesh ji’s idols in this festive season. You will effortlessly find Spiritual products online in india.
To Perform the Pooja, you will have to first buy Ganesh idols for home. Before bringing Ganesh ji home, decide the perfect place where you can place him and clean the place thoroughly. Place the pooja chowki there and keep things ready for his welcome. When you are bringing Ganesh ji home, he must always be accompanied by Goddess Gauri. In a thali filled with raw rice, place Ganesh ji’s idol and only then you can bring him home.
As soon as he reaches home, place a coin in the rice filled Thali and place the thali along with his idol on the Pooja Chowki. Place a coconut on the right side and let him be. However, before entering the home, a family member must do the Aarti of Lord Ganesha.
Idol of Ganesh ji and Gauri, Honey, Sugar, Curd, Milk, Ghee, Kumkum, Sandalwood Paste, Janeyu, Incense Sticks, Cotton Garland, Flowers, Durva Grass, Coconut, Fruits, Betel Leaves and Betel Nuts, Sacred Ash, Pooja Utensils, Clean Water, Sacred raw Rice, Ghee Lamps and Oil Lamps, Sweets, Snacks and other delicacies.
- Cleanse yourself thoroughly before starting the Pooja.
- Make sure your home, mandir and the designated prayer area are thoroughly Clean.
- Place banana Leaves with branches on either side of Ganesha.
- Place fruits and other Samagri in front of him.
- Decorate Ganesha with flowers and a Cotton Garland. Don’t forget to make him wear his Janeyu.
- Burn the Incense Sticks and place it in the Aarti Thali.
- Recite the important Mantras and bring in Ganesha into the Idol by doing Pran-Prathista.
- Light the Ghee Lamp and the Oil Lamp.
- Apply a tilak of Sandalwood. Offer 21 blades of Grass, 21 Modaks, Panchamrit, Flowers.
- Place other food items prepared for him in front of him.
- Do maha Aarti.
- This Pooja is concluded with the Katha.