It is one of a kind of festival where people from all region and place come together. It is celebrated all over the country with tremendous enthusiasm. Also, there are many people who also decide to perform such puja at home only. People nowadays prefer to perform the puja in their home and keeps the deity more than one day in their home. On the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi with a huge procession and full of rituals the deity is immersed in lake or pond.
Why is Ganesh Chaturthi celebrated all over the Country?
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated between the months of August and September. On this day it is believed by the people that on this day the deity directly comes down on the planet earth to spread his blessings to all his devotees on this auspicious day. It is believed that on this day the God listens to people who pray with a full heart. The people also believe that the God can remove all the obstruction from ones live and so the deity is also known as ‘Vighana-Harta” and also he provides fortune to people to avoid them from harsh calamities.
Puja Samagri required for Ganesh Chaturthi
Here are the things which you will definitely need to perform the entire puja. You can buy the puja items online store.
- A statue of Lord Ganesha
- A Bowl of Sandal Wood Paste
- Some Flowers
- Some Incense Sticks
- Some Leaves of Durva Grass
- A platform to Place the Idol
- Diyas to Decorate the Puja Place
Preparation of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja
After you have bought online puja samagri, the next thing which you need to do is start preparing for the puja. Place the idol of the Ganesha in the platform and along with the followers of Ganesha start chanting the Ganesha mantra.
How to Perform the Puja at Home?
Mostly nowadays people celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi in their home also. The families invite the priests to conduct such kind of puja including all the rituals. They call the priest to see that they can perform the puja with all the possible rituals. The most important aspect of the puja is to keep in mind two essential things- cleanliness and devotion.
- Firstly it is important to clean your entire house and then take your shower early in the morning. Wear fresh and new clothes and be ready for the puja.
- Prepare the platform with coconut, leaves of banana. Also, people can also decorate the platform with flowers.
- In front of the deity keep a pot which must be filled with holy water and rice.
- After that put the statute of Ganeshji
- Then decorate the platform with puja decorative items as well as light up incense sticks and diya.
Rituals of Ganesh Chaturthi
There is a strong importance of the number 21 with this puja so that is the reason the deity is offered everything with 21 which means – 21 Durva grass, as well as all the other pooja samagris.