Shravan Somvar is about to start and it is considered to be one of the most auspicious occasions and devotees worship Lord Shiva on these days with puja kits online.
The month of Sawan or Shravan is dedicated to Lord Shiva. According to mythology, it is his favorite month. Bholenath always loved Mondays and he also loves it when devotees worship him, show him their devotion. His followers and devotees honor him and worship him by keeping a vrat on every Monday during the month of Sawan. They follow the puja rituals properly with puja kits online. This year it begins on 6th July and ends on August 3rd.
Lord Shiva’s devotees worship him this month with passion and dedication to satisfy him. They will go to any extent to get his blessings. Every Monday that falls in the month of Sawan is Sawan Somvar and keeping a vrat on these Mondays is one important aspect of the festival. You need to get all the puja thali items right in order to do this puja.
The Important Aspects of Shravan Somvar: –
The main thing about the Shrawan Somvar is observing fasts and visiting the temples. The Lord Shiva temples celebrate it with great enthusiasm and in a very grand manner. They get puja samagri online and decorate the mandir like royalty. Devotees observe fast until the sun goes down and during the whole month, an Akhand Diya keeps burning.
Keeping the Shravan Somvar Vrat can be beneficial in many ways and help out a lot of people. Especially unmarried women observe this fast to find a suitable partner. Do pooja samagri online shopping from a puja samagri store in India.
The Rituals of Shravan Somvar:-
- The rituals of this festival are quite elaborate and in order to get the best results, devotees have to be very careful. Get all the necessary pooja items by doing puja shopping online from puja items online store in Delhi. If you want to fast then you can have curd, milk, and milk products, you can also consume other items suitable for fasting.
- Another important ritual is to take a bath early morning preferably before sunrise and reciting “om Namah Shivaya” with some Rudraksha beads in your hands. You can also say it nine times or 108 times. This ritual is also another very important part of the festival.
- Also, the observers need to wake up early in the morning and visit the nearest Lord Shiva temples. You need to offer a concoction of ghee, milk, gangajal, honey, and yogurt to the Shiva Lingam. This concoction is also known as Panchamrut. Other than the Panchamrut, you also need to offer Bilva leaves which is the most important pooja thing. We also refer to this as Falam Toyama.
- You can also do Eka bhakti bhajan which is having only one meal during the day. This is Naphtha Vratam which means keeping a fast during day time and consuming Prashad after sunset.
- The priests in temples hang a vessel over the lingam filled with Panchamrut which constantly drips and therefore, the lingam bathes throughout.
These are some important things you need to know about Shrawan Somvar. If you want to get pooja items online, then search the puja saman store near me or visit the website of Pujashoppe.