Gudi Padwa is a famous festival in Maharashtra and people celebrate it with various pooja items in a grand way. Read this blog to know more about it.
One of the most vital Maharashtrian festivals is Gudi Padwa. This year Gudi Padwa is on March 25th but with the given situation, it seems like there will be no big gatherings or celebrations. So, why don’t we learn a bit about this festival and find out its religious importance? Gudi Padwa has various names in various cities. South Indians call it “Ugadi” in Telugu and “Yugadi” in Kannada. Some Maharashtrian locals state it as the Chaitra Shukla Pratipada festival as well. This is usually a very royal and grand festival for the people of Maharashtra. Everyone celebrates this festival with pooja items in a glorious manner.
Nowadays, not only the people of Maharashtra but people across the world celebrate Gudi Padwa in an astonishing way. It falls on the first day of the month of Chaitra according to the Hindu calendar. It is also the first day of Chaitra Navratri and devotees do the Ghatsthapna during this day. Ghatsthapna is one of the most important rituals of Chaitra Navaratri. It is a divine invocation of Goddess Durga (Shakti) to bless the home occupants. People do it buy getting puja kits online. Let us have a look at the rituals of Gudi Padwa.
The Rituals of Gudi Padwa:–
- The first ritual is to make rangoli. You also need to put turmeric and kumkum mixture in the center of your rangoli. Also, a swastika should be made.
- The second step is to hang a bunch of mango leaves at your entrance. You can easily get them anywhere. You can also make the toran. Another thing you can do is hang marigold flowers.
- Also, make shrikhand and puri as offerings to the Ishta Devta. You can only consume it after worshipping the deity.
- The next step is preparing the gudhi. You need a medium-sized bamboo and then you need to tie it atop with green and yellow cloth. Then you need to tie some neem leaves and mango leaves around the cloth. Then put a garland of flowers and some sugar. Place the Kalash upside down.
- Prasad plays an important role. The main prasad of this festival is a fusion of neem leaves, cumin seeds, honey, and asafoetida.
Raise the Dudhi:-
Gudi Padwa is a matter of pride for the Maharashtrians. According to popular beliefs, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj welcomed the New Year by announcing Vijay Dhwaj’s triumph and raising the Gudi. This has been the most important ritual since this. It is the symbolism of positivity and triumph. People also call it Brahma Dhwaj. This is because we believe Lord Brahma is the creator of the cosmos material.
This is a festival that carries great importance in the lives of devotees and their families. Everyone participates in this puja with pooja items online in India. This is the reason it is extremely necessary to purchase the Indian puja saman in the correct way. Buy premium puja kits at very reasonable prices from puja items store. Puja shopping online saves a lot of time and effort. It is incomplete with Indian puja thali items. You can do pooja samagri online shopping from puja thali items stores.
If you want to get pooja things online, type Indian puja samagri/ saman/ item store shop near me or visit the website of Pujashoppe and shop from the best. They are India’s best spiritual and divine store where you can get navaratri puja kits.