Usher in positivity, prosperity, and happiness this Onam with premium puja kits through puja shopping online. Know about the ten-day-long festival in-depth here.
The joyous festival of Onam is the annual harvest festival of Kerala. According to the Gregorian calendar, Onam is religiously celebrated in the months of August-September which falls in the month of Chingam. The festivities continue for ten long days and is one of the most important and the biggest festivals for the people residing in and out of Kerala. So rejoice and celebrate the festival of harvest with puja items online.
1. Onam: Ritual, Date, and Significance:-
This year Onam falls on the 22nd nakshatra Thiruvam in the Malayalam Calendar. According to Hindu Mythology, the festival marks the homecoming of King Mahabali. The citizens of the state witness and enjoy a fun-filled atmosphere for a glorious period of ten long days.
2. Know About the 10-day Festivities At Length:-
- On the first day, people believe that the king’s spirit returns to Kerala.
- Second Day, devotees believe that King Mahabali pays a visit to people’s homes of his followers on Thiruvonam.
- On the third day, preparations signifying his departure takes place.
- The fourth day brings with itself the grand occasion of Sri Narayana Guru Jayanthi. Making papads and pickles form an important tradition.
- The grand boast race takes place on this day. Vallamkali is the local name of this race. In this, several oarsmen row huge snake-shaped boats usually on the Pampa river. Men, women, and children all come together to be a part of this extravagant event.
- The sixth day beholds a different site. On this day, popularly known as Thriketa, people visit other places. Usually, they visit their friends and relatives.
- The floral carpet, known as Onapookkalam is made of a variety of flowers aligned in unique patterns and designs. On the seventh day, there is a great hustle bustle in the city as people enjoy the last shipping. You will find flower carpets at every doorstep or at the entrances of temples. Hence it is a common ritual.
- On the eight-day, Onam celebrations continue in full swing. Devotees create clay idols in the form of small pyramids.
- Also, the ninth day, a special feast known as Onam Sadhya is the biggest attraction. It is very special to every Keralite and everyone makes it a point to attend such a feast.
- Also, the tenth or the last day is known as Thiru Onam day, the city is full of energy. Extravagant elaborate cultural songs, dances, music and feasts are the hallmarks of this day.
3. Indian Puja Store Near You:-
PujaShoppe is a one-stop solution for all your spiritual needs. You will find puja thali items, spiritual frames, God photo frames, and also various other puja samagris from India’s best puja items online store. Buy for instilling a spiritual ambiance in your house and also gift them to your near and dear ones to bring a smile on their faces.