In Hinduism every particular day is dedicated to a specific god and likewise Thursday is devoted to Lord Vishnu or Brihaspati. Brihaspati or Jupiter has a prominent position in the solar system and is positioned stalwartly after the sun. It is also referred as guru of the universe. Performing puja on Thursday benefit a devotee with good health, wealth, success and good partner in life.
Thursday is dedicated to Lord Brihaspati or planet Jupiter. It is also known as Guruvar as it is sited at a strong locus in the solar system. Lord Brihaspati represent benevolence and wisdom. It is indeed considered auspicious and helpful to offer praying on this day. If any of your effort is not showing results, then you should definitely offer your puja on this day to get success.
Importance of yellow color on this day
Due to the strong position of Jupiter in solar system, he is considered as the lord of light and as light is symbolized with yellow rays and thus Thursday is associated with yellow color. Yellow color is associated with positivity, strength and success in life. Lord Vishnu wears yellow attires, and planet Jupiter is also connected with yellow color metals like Gold and copper. Lord Brihaspati get impressed easily with yellow sweets and his chariot entails eight yellow horses. So, it is recommended to wear yellow color clothes. You should also offer yellow sweets, yellow fruits and yellow flowers to Lord Vishnu after puja.
To perform puja to Brihaspati, one has to perform puja on Thursday as it is the favourite day of him. Observe the fast entire day and consume food only once and that too only after sunset. Wake up before sunrise on this day and wear yellow color. Don’t wash head on this day and listen to katha after observing puja.
- Take a bath and wear clean yellow colored clothes.
- Offer water to Banana tree on Thursday.
- Apply turmeric powder paste to banana tree.
- Offer chana daal or any food item yellow in color to Banana tree.
- Place the deity of Lord Vishnu or Brihaspati on a clean cloth.
- Apply turmeric powder paste to deity.
- Offer chana daal or anything yellow in color to lord.
- Recite Brihaspati aarti (mentioned below).
- Read katha facing the east direction after the puja.
- Observe a fast. You can consume fruits and tea during fast.
- Avoid fasting if you are travelling.
Benefits of offering puja on Thursday
- Gives you good health.
- Success in business and career.
- Helps you find a good partner.
- Remove sins.
- Specifically cures stomach ailments.
- Long life and strength.
Brihaspati Vrat Aarti
Om Jai Bhraspati Deva, Jai Bhraspati Deva.
Chin ChinBhoogLagaoonPhalMewa II OM II
Tum PuranParmatama, Tum Antaryami.
JagatpitaJagdeeshvar Tum Sabke Swami II OM II
CharnamritNijNirmal, Sab PatakHarta.
SakalManorathDayak, KripaKaroBharta II OM II
Tan Mann Arpankar Jo JannSharanPade.
PrabhuPrakat Tab Hokar, AakarDwarKhade II OM II
Paap Dosh Sab Harta, BhavBandhanHaar II OM II
SakalManorathDayak, Sab Sanshay Taro.
Vishay VikarMitaoSantanSukhkari II OM II
Jo Koi Aarti Teri PremSahit Gave.
Jaeshtanand Band So SoNischay Pave II OM II
Sab Bolo Vishnu Bhagwan Ki Jai.
Sab Bolo BhraspatiBhagwan Ki Jai.