Trust the best puja store for excellent puja service with the most reliable pandits. If you want to know how to perform Shiva puja at home, keep reading the blog.
Pujas and rituals will always remain an integral aspect of most people who live in India. Lord Shiva is the destroyer of all evil and sufferings. He is one of the Gods in the Hindu triumvirate along with Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. According to tradition and beliefs, he is the father of the universe and the greatest among all Gods. Worshipping Lord Shiva with puja things and divine gift items grant peace of mind and keep the devotee away from all sorrows.
What Is the Significance of Worshipping Mahadev On Monday?
- It is a common practice among Hindus to worship Lord Shiva on Mondays. But do you know what is the reason behind it? If not, do not worry we are here to spill the beans.
- Monday or Somwar is the day of the moon which means this day is under the control of the moon.
- The story revolves around king Daksha who married his 27 daughters or Nakshatras to Chandra. However, Chandra gave more importance to only Rohini which angered her sisters. Despite repeated warnings from Daksha to give equal importance to all, Chadra turned a deaf ear. The king then cursed his son in law which started to show its full effect on Chandra as he began to diminish in size.
- Chandra got scared and feared that he would cease to exist and thus hurriedly went to Lord Brahma for help. The Lord suggested praying to Lord Shiva with complete devotion. Soon Chandra was able to please Mahadev with his innate honesty and integrity in worshipping the Lord. He blessed Chandra who then regained his strength and power back.
Thus, from that day onwards praying on Monday has become an auspicious ritual.
How to Worship Lord Shiva At Home?
Wake up early in the morning, get ready in neat and clean clothes after taking a bath. After this you need to proceed with the following steps:
- First, you need to bathe the Shiva lingam or on God’s photo frame with a mixture of milk, curd, honey, and ghee.
- Next, clean the lingam with a clean cloth and apply sandalwood paste. This works as a perfume.
- Offer fresh flowers and garland while you keep chanting the famous mantra-’ Om Namah Shivay.’
- Light diyas, dhoop, and incense sticks. Also, offer bhog to the deity. Remember you should not forget to chant the mantras continually.
- Perform Aarti and recite the mantras correctly. Pray to the Lord with a pure heart to seek his divine blessings on you and your loved ones.
If you are looking for quality Indian pooja items and pooja kits, do not forget to browse through Pujashoppe’s website. It is the best platform for shopping premium quality puja samagri online.
Direction here: https://goo.gl/maps/LdcMTwbnTQeTHWYL7