Tread on the path of success and happiness with powerful Shiv Tandav Stotram. Shop for puja, items, puja kits, and God photo frames from a reliable store online in India.
Shiv or Mahadev is one of the principal deities of Hinduism. According to the devotees of Lord Shiva, he is the sole proprietor of life on earth. His devotees are popularly known by the name Shaivas, and they believe Shiva is the all in one divine being who is the protector, creator, and destroyer. They worship their Lord with divine spiritual gift items. Shiv Tandav Stotram is a hymn composed by Ravan, the demon king of Lanka in praise of Lord Shiva, describing his magnificence and power.
1. The Story Behind Shiv Tandav Stotram:-
- Ravana and Kuber were the sons of sage Vishrava but they were step-brothers. Before Ravana, Kuber was the ruling king of Lanka. But Ravana defeated him in a battle and ascended the throne.
- Once during his reign, he was flying in Pushpak Viman is flying chariot which he got by winning over Kuber. He was doing parikrama of the entire universe and enjoying the scenic beauty from his ride.
- But suddenly his journey was obstructed by Mount Kailash who asked him to change his course as Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati were asleep at that time. But Ravan was egoistic and was angry at such an order. So, he decided to uproot Mount Kailash as a punishment. He was somewhat successful in uprooting the gigantic mountain but soon Lord Shiva made matters worse for him. The Lord pressed his toe on the mountain and Ravan’s hands crushed under the weight of the mountain. He cried and yelled in pain and his voice was audible across Prithvi Lok, Patal Lok, and Swarg Lok. He stayed in that condition for 14 days and kept singing various devotional hymns in praise of Shiva.
- However, on the sunset of Pradosh Vrat, he sings the Shiv Tandav Stotram with huge faithfulness in a perfect pattern. Lord Shiva was finally moved by this, and he willingly forgave Ravana. This beautifully composed hymn consists of all the important learnings of the Upanishads, Ved, and other spiritual books.
2. What Is the Benefit of Reciting Shiv Tandav Stotram?
- The Shiv Tandav Stotram is in Sanskrit and has a very rhythmic tune. It takes the person on a ride of spiritual ecstasy. The lyrical is very high in energy and the words used will have a positive impact on all the listeners. In the initial level, the words of this famous Stuti will only seem to talk about the majestic Shiva, his dance form, his attire, and ornaments. But when you delve deeper, you will realize it carries a much deeper meaning, letting the listener reach the highest level of supremacy.
- The benefits of chanting this mantra or reciting this hymn are it gives you immense mental power, strength, hap[piness and prosperity in life.
Purchase Shiva idols, shiva wall frames, and other spiritual items from the leading online puja saman store, PujaShoppe.
Direction here: https://goo.gl/maps/LdcMTwbnTQeTHWYL7