Janmashtami is celebrated magnificently like Diwali and Holi festivals, across the country and is part of our culture for thousands of years. It is a day of joy and celebration where devotees, especially kids take part in the decoration of temples and home. Chappan bhog, barfi, mishri, murruku, peda, and makhana are offered to Krishna Bhagwan. Children dressed as Krishna, Radha, and many different characters take part in the temple’s delights.
Puja is an essential part of Janmashtami that takes place at midnight that is the day of birth of Lord Krishna. The day falls on the 8th day of Bhadrapada Krishna Paksha according to a Hindu calendar. Few things you need to perform this puja- Flower garlands, scent, makhan mishri, holy basil leaves, raw rice, Ashwagandha Chandan, roli, dhoop sticks, wick, ghee, lamp, Ganga Jal, asana, a photo of Krishan Lord, red cloth and chowki.
Procedure to perform a puja-
- Start by placing a red cloth on the chowki.
- Spill some water on the idols of Lord Krishna, puja place, and puja items accompanied by reciting Pavitrikarana mantra.
- Get new beautiful clothes for Krishna and decorate your home temple as beautiful as you can.
- Place the idol or photo of Lord Krishna on the chowki.
- Light the diya and the dhoop stick.
- Pray to Krishan by reciting any of his prayers with Deepak in hand.
- Offer ornaments, clothes and panchamrit to Krishna.
- Apply tilak of roli or Ashwagandha chandan on the forehead of Krishan and also apply rice over tilak.
- Offer his favorite sweet, Mishri to Krishna and other sweets, accompanied with Ganga Jal to drink.
- Offer flowers, scent to him after that.
Lord Krishna is adored for his innocence, looks, power, honesty and good behaviour. Everyone loves Lord Krishna and want to have a son like him. If you want to pray to him to bestow you with a baby boy, then this is indeed the best day to ask him for the same. You can offer him your puja in the same as mentioned above and you just need to add this mantra in your puja for 108 times.
“Om Devaki Sudha Govinda Vasudeva Jagath Pathe Dehimey Thanayam Krishna Thwamaham Saranam Kadhahaa Deva Deva Jagannatha Gothra Vridhi Karap Prabho Dehimey Thanayam Sheegram Ayushmandham Yashashreenam”
This is the most powerful mantra to fulfil your wish of having a son child and if you have tried all other conventional ways and failed, then this mantra will definitely help. You should also start meditating Lord Krishna every day to help you get quick results and meditation should be done in front of the Lord Krishna statue only and not at any other place. Recite the following mantra every day while meditating for about half an hour.
“Om Tamadbhutam Balakam Ambujekshanam Chaturbhuja Shankha Gadadyudhayudam।
Shri Vatsa Lakshmam Gala Shobhi Kaustubham Pitambaram Sandra Payoda Saubhagam॥
Maharha Vaidhurya Kiritakundala Tvisha Parishvakta Sahasrakundalam।
Uddhama Kanchanagada Kanganadibhir Virochamanam Vasudeva Ekshata॥
Dhyayet Chaturbhujam Krishnam, Shankha Chakra Gadadharam।
Pitambaradharam Devam Mala Kaustubhabhushitam॥”