Lord Krishna is an extremely popular deity in the Hindu Culture. People from all around the world worship him and celebrate Krishna Janmashtami. This day marks the birthday of Lord Krishna. On this day, people do an elaborate Krishna pooja to please the Lord. When you successfully complete the pooja, Lord Krishna showers you with all his blessings and brings in happiness and success.
Why should we do Krishna Pooja?
- Lord Krishna is Known to be incredibly kind towards his devotees. Therefore, if you are undergoing problems in life, he will help you get out of it.
- He will bring in Positivity.
- He will help you Achieve Success and Prosperity.
- Lord Krishna will help you maintain a Harmonious Relationship with your family.
Krishna Pooja Samagri:
When you perform Krishna pooja during Janmashtami, you must buy a swing for the idol of Bal Gopal. From a silver swing to a brass one, a wide range of products are available online. You can do online shopping for silver pooja items required in this pooja process and avail superior quality products.
The other pooja items include; pooja chowki, new red cloth for the chowki, a photo or idol of Bal Gopal, Asana, Panchamrat (mixture of honey, sugar, milk, curds and ghee), Gangajal, ghee lamp, incense and dhoop sticks, Chandan, raw rice, Tulsi leaves, prasadam and sweets, clothes and ornaments for Krishna, scent, flowers and garland. You can easily get all these pooja materials online to save time and money. This way, you will never miss an important pooja samagri.
Krishna Pooja Vidhi:
- On the day of the pooja, you must wake up early in the morning and must cleanse yourself thoroughly.
- Clean your mandir and all the pooja items such as lamp, ghanta, chowki, etc.
- Place the idol of Krishna on the Pooja choki, which is covered in a red cloth.
- Before starting the pooja, you must draw small footprints in a way that it is entering the house. This depicts the footprints of Lord Krishna. You can draw the foot prints with colourful paints or rice flour.
- People usually observe a fast on this day and break it only in the evening.
- Make sure you keep some Pure Water in a Pooja glass before beginning the pooja.
- Give a Panchamrat bath to the idol of Lord Krishna followed by a Gangajal bath.
- Now, decorate the idol of Krishna with clothes, jewellery, flowers, garlands and a flute.
- Offer Tulsi Leaves and Gangajal to Lord Krishna and light ghee lamps on either side of the Idol.
- Burn Incense sticks and Dhoop Sticks.
Apply Chandan on the forehead of Krishna’s idol and chant ‘Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare; Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare’.
- Place the Prasadam and sweets in front of Lord Krishna. You can also offer Krishna’s favorite food items such as Milk, Curds, Butter, Fried Snacks etc.
- You must continue chanting Krishna Bhajans and other Mantras.
- Pray with all the sincerity and Devotion.